Thai Curry with Chicken
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”143″ img_size=”480 × 433″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Serves 4
1-2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1 4-oz. can or jar of yellow or red curry paste
3/4 lb. carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2″ rounds (about 4 carrots)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
1 jalapeno or fresh Thai pepper, seeded and finely chopped (don’t seed pepper if you like it super spicy), optional
1 lb. red potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 chunks
1 lb. skinless, boneless organic chicken thighs cut into 1” pieces
1 15 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk (do not use light coconut milk)
Salt to taste
Chopped fresh basil and/or cilantro
Chopped cashews, optional
- Heat oil in large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add curry paste, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion, carrots, and peppers, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 ½ cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Divide curry among bowls and garnish with fresh herbs and cashews.