Pureed Celery Root (Celeriac)
©2016 Michelle Sala
1 large or two small Celeriac
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
2-4 tablespoons of the cooking water
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut off baby celery tops. (You can save these and use for making soup stock.)
- Peel the brown outer part and knobby roots. No need to go crazy and get every tiny brown speck off.
- Cut into 1 inch or 1/2 inch cubes and place in sauce pan.
- Cover cubes with water and add juice of 1/2 of lemon.
- Partially cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil for 15-20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Drain celeriac, but reserve a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Place cooked celeriac in high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree. (Start with 2 tablespoons of the water and add more for desired consistency)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.