Pumpkin Squares (Pumpkin Brownies)
Created by Michelle Sala ©2021 (Revised)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 16 squares
3/4 cup creamy almond butter
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener or similar (Lakanto, Swerve, erythritol)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts, pecans optional (If you use chocolate chips, they come out like brownies! Feel free to use more than 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8x8in square baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients except for chocolate chips and nuts in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine ingredients, the blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips or nuts until evenly blended. If using chocolate chips, sprinkle a layer on top.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Bake slightly longer for dryer, cake-like bars or recommended time for moister bars.
- Cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!