Pumpkin Squares (Paleo and Vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 16 squares
3/4 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (You can use up to ¾ of a cup with good results. Use a rounded tbsp. of coconut flour if you use more. The bars will come out moist and brownie like.)
1 ripe medium banana
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8in square baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine ingredients, the blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips or nuts until evenly blended. If using chocolate chips, sprinkle a layer on top.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Bake slightly longer for dryer, cake-like bars or recommended time for moister bars.
- Cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!