Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Gluten-Free, Low Carb)
Makes about 28 cookies
1/2 cup (4 oz.) grass-fed butter
1/3 cup Lakanto sugar subsitute (you can get it on Amazon)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 cups of almond flour (blanched, not almond meal)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (the higher the cocoa, the less carbs or use sugar-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together butter, sugar substitute, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon of dough on cookie sheet and lightly press down with a fork.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Store in container with loose fitting lid.
The orginal recipe was from the back of a bag of BlueDiamond Almond Flour. I made some minor modifications to the orginal recipe.
Nutritional Information (these numbers are approximate and will vary on the brand of each ingredient you use.)
1 Cookie Per Serving:
Total Fat 9.8 g
Saturated Fat 3.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.3 g
Cholesterol 14.3 mg
Sodium 70.0 mg
Potassium 68.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 2.8 g
Copyright: Michelle Sala 2018