Easy Vegetable Stock
©2016 Michelle Sala
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”238″ img_size=”480 × 433″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Ingredients:
1 large yellow onion, cut in quarters
4 stalks of celery, each cut in 4 chunks
2 carrots, each cut in 4 chunks
1 turnip, clean ends and quarter
1 tomato, cut in half
2 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
1 sprig parsley
6 whole peppercorns
1 piece of Kombu (sea vegetable available at health food stores), optional (imparts extra vitamins, minerals and saltiness)
- Add all ingredients to a large stock pot.
- Cover with enough filtered water so that all the vegetables are comfortably swimming around.
- Bring pot to a boil.
- Reduce heat, partially cover pot and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain broth through fine mesh sieve.
- Use immediately or store for later use.
Makes about 12 cups[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]