What does metabolic fitness mean? It means you have normal glucose levels (HA1C <5.6), normal blood pressure, your triglycerides are <150, and your waist circumference is <40” if you are a man and <35” if you are a woman. Having elevated ranges for 3 or more of these labs or conditions is considered metabolic syndrome and greatly increases your chances of poor outcomes for the novel coronavirus and makes you an excellent candidate for Type II diabetes, heart disease and cancer if you have not already been diagnosed with any of these conditions.
Reversing metabolic syndrome is easier than you think. Here are some simple steps you can begin today:
- Eliminate processed foods and industrial seed oils (canola, soybean, vegetable, corn, etc.)
- Adopt a whole food, low-carb diet
- Stop snacking
- Incorporate intermittent fasting
- Eat plenty of good fats (avocados, nuts, grass-fed and pastured meat)
- Increase physical activity
These guidelines will help you to reduce inflammation and contribute to weight loss. Most of us find it difficult to get started on our own. As your coach, I will create a personalized program for a healthier life and make you a bad host for COVID19 and most other diseases or health conditions. Contact me today for a complimentary consultation!