Black Bean Burgers
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”244″ img_size=”480 × 433″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Makes 5 patties
1 cup cooked brown or black rice or quinoa
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder or ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon chili powder or chipotle chili powder (omit if your salsa is really spicy!)
¼ cup ground flax meal
2 tablespoons salsa (the spicier your salsa, the spicier your burgers)
1 egg (omit if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lay a piece of parchment paper on sheet pan.
- Pour beans in a medium size bowl and mash them with your hands, potato masher, or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands for an even consistency. (I use food handling gloves.)
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, loosely fill the cup and form the contents into a patty shape about 3″ across and a 1/2″ thick.
- Place patties onto parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF. Flip the patties and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve between two leaves of romaine lettuce with sliced or mashed avocado, tomato, onion, organic mayo, organic ketchup, and organic mustard. Or try putting the burger on a bed of fresh baby greens. Enjoy!
*The original recipe has corn in it. Do not add corn to this recipe if you are on an anti-inflammatory diet.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]